This was a speech which i had deliver to a group of students( students Balsamrakshana Kendra,Ullal, Karnataka), But the program was canceled due to various reasons. All the ideas and words are just edited by me. All ideas presented in the speech are of great ones.
good morning to everyone of you.
I was told to present something to make you happy. But, I am now going to share with you some thoughts. Which may impress you.
As a student, i am obliged to pass some information’s to my friends. That is, you guys. I am also a student who is trying to follow this. The following words are taken from my recent readings.
To cherish high ideals, to reach heights in life, to come out with flying colors in all ones endevours , to attain the desired goals, is ambition of everyone of us. This ambition is in everyone of us. This ambition is really wonderful, marvelous, a sign of real youth, without that life is meaningless and useless. Youth must always look forward- and should never be satisfied with anything less than what they want to achieve in life.
Stagnant life is sign of death. “Go forward, go forward, go forward- never look back even for a moment” These are encouraging words of great ones. “Arise, Awake and stop not till the goal is reached.” May these inspiring words of Swami Vivekananda ring in minds of us day and night. WORK LIKE LIONS.
Now you might be thinking… is that all possible?
Human flight is nothing but creativity of human mind and it undergoes several struggles to achieve excellence. In 1895, a great well-known scientist Lord Kelvin, who was the President of Royal Society of London said, “any thing heavier than air cannot fly, and cannot be flown.” Within a decade, Wright Brothers proved man could fly of course at heavy risk and cost.
So what do we understand from this example? Can anyone of you say? The answer I am quoting from APJ Abdul Kalam’s book ‘THE IGNITED MINDS’. In the book he had said: ” An Ignited mind is the most powerful resource on earth, above the earth and under the earth.” So if we want to be big. We have to be open minded. We should respect our teachers.
Now i would like to cite an example. I am now going to read an excerpt from a speech which was delivered by Kalam to a group of students . He has said about his school teach Iyadurai Solomon. I will tell it in his own words:
“My teacher, Iyadurai Solomon, was an ideal guide for an eager young mind that was yet uncertain of the possibilities and alternatives that lay before it. He made his students feel very comfortable in class with his warm and open minded attitude. He used to say that a good student could learn more from a bad teacher than a poor student from even a skilled teacher. During my stay at Ramanathapuram, my relationship with him grew beyond that of teacher and pupil. In his company, I learnt that one could exercise enormous influence over the events of one’s own life. Iyadurai Solomon used to say, “To succeed in life and achieve results, you must understand and master three mighty forces- desire, belief and expectation.” Iyadurai Solomon, who later became a Reverend, taught me that before anything I wanted could happen, I had to desire it intensely and be absolutely certain it would happen. I have seen him giving coaching free to many students who were not doing well in the class. They used to make up and subsequently perform better. This message, I am sure is applicable to all the students and youth of today. If all of you desire to live in a developed India you will definitely achieve.”
so that was a wonderful excerpt from the great APJ’s Speech. Now, I request all of you to take an oath. This was an oath which was directed by APJ Abdul Kalam to a a group of students;
1. I realize, I have to set a goal in my life. To achieve the goal, I will acquire the knowledge, I will work hard, and when the problem occurs, I have to defeat the problem and succeed.
2. As a youth of my nation, I will work and work with courage to achieve success in all my tasks and enjoy the success of others.
3. I shall always keep myself, my home, my surroundings, neighbourhood and environment clean and tidy.
4. I realize righteousness in the heart leads to beauty in the character, beauty in the character brings harmony in the home, harmony in the home leads to order in the nation and order in the nation leads to peace in the world.
5. I will lead an honest life free from all corruption and will set an example for others to adopt a righteous way of life.
6. I will light the lamp of knowledge in the nation and ensure that it remains lit for ever.
7. I realize, whatever work I do if I do the best, I am contributing towards realizing the vision of developed India 2020.
Thank you all for your cooperation and best wishes.
(REFERENCES: Ignited Minds. Arise Awake Youth, http://www.abdulkalam.nic.in)